HEALTY AND COMFORTABLE HOUSES
Water is the key resource for the life, however in some cases it can become a serious problem for our homes and for all those structures which are not adequately protected by this element.
The water that affects our walls can have different origins such as: the presence of very high groundwater, the rainwater, stagnation due to construction mistakes, condensation in proximity of flowerbeds, gardend, meadows or even, as it happens in Venice, continuous contact between this element and the foundations of the city.
The rising humidity is detectable visually by the presence of a white board made up of efflorescence (crystallization of salts on the surface), which creates a rolling track at a certain height of crystalline or powdery material.
Among the most used methods and certainly the most popular to solve this kind of issue is the use of "special" plasers, as cement ready-mixed products which thanks to specific additives, made during the production process provide the material the ability to reduce or eliminate over time the unpleasant effects caused by the humidity in the walls.
Construction materials are hygroscopic due to their mineral nature: they absorb large quantities of water, in liquid or vapor form, through their capillary structure.
The action of this absorption can change and, in extreme cases, seriously deteriorate the properties of the materials.
The presence of water in the walls in fact reduces considerably the thermal insulation of the building and can cause severe damage due to the effects of frost and thaw. The phenomena can have such significant dimensions that in the walls of old buildings can be seen a water content greater tahn or equal to 30% of their weight.
Eurobeton has developed solutions that solve in a fast and long lasting way this kind of issues, both of small entity (such as small efflorescence at the wall's substrate) or large (crumbling or delaminating plasters).
DIRECT DAMAGES INVOLVED:
- Loss of thermal insulation and consequent expenditure of energy to heat / cool indoor environments;
- Efflorescence causing detachment of paints and mortars;
- Formation of mold that threaten the health of the environments;
- Degradation and weakening of the structure.
OPERATIONAL STEPS OF THE EUROSAN CYCLE:
- Remove the palster to a safe altitude of about 50 cm higher than the band of evident humidity.
- Apply EUROSAN PRIMER ANTISALE that avoids the migration of soluble salts to the exterior.
- Wait 24 hours, then apply EUROSAN RINZAFFO mixed with ADDITIVO DI AGGANCIO to create a suitable surface anchorage.
- After at least 1 hour apply EUROSAN RINZAFFO mixed with water with a maximum thickness of 2 cm for coat.
- When th surface is dry, apply EUROSAN FINISH that realizes the "civil" finish without altering the breathability.
EUROSAN ADDITIVO DI AGGANCIO
Additive for macroporous plasterscod. E190006
Finish for macroporous hydraulic binders based plastercod. E120010
EUROSAN PRIMER ANTISALE
Hydrophobic wall fixative for macroporous dehumidifying systemscod. E180111
Hydraulic binders based dehumidifying macroporous plastercod. E110010