EUROSAN FAST RANGE - low thickness
HEALTY AND COMFORTABLE HOUSES
Water is the key resource for the life, however in some cases it can become a serious problem for our homes and for all those structures which are not adequately protected by this element.
The water that affects our walls can have different origins such as: the presence of very high groundwater, the rainwater, stagnation due to construction mistakes, condensation in proximity of flowerbeds, gardend, meadows or even, as it happens in Venice, continuous contact between this element and the foundations of the city.
The rising humidity is detectable visually by the presence of a white board made up of efflorescence (crystallization of salts on the surface), which creates a rolling track at a certain height of crystalline or powdery material.
Among the most used methods and certainly the most popular to solve this kind of issue is the use of "special" plasers, as cement ready-mixed products which thanks to specific additives, made during the production process provide the material the ability to reduce or eliminate over time the unpleasant effects caused by the humidity in the walls.
Construction materials are hygroscopic due to their mineral nature: they absorb large quantities of water, in liquid or vapor form, through their capillary structure.
The action of this absorption can change and, in extreme cases, seriously deteriorate the properties of the materials.
The presence of water in the walls in fact reduces considerably the thermal insulation of the building and can cause severe damage due to the effects of frost and thaw. The phenomena can have such significant dimensions that in the walls of old buildings can be seen a water content greater tahn or equal to 30% of their weight.
Eurobeton has developed solutions that solve in a fast and long lasting way this kind of issues, both of small entity (such as small efflorescence at the wall's substrate) or large (crumbling or delaminating plasters).
DIRECT DAMAGES INVOLVED:
- Loss of thermal insulation and consequent expenditure of energy to heat / cool indoor environments;
- Efflorescence causing detachment of paints and mortars;
- Formation of mold that threaten the health of the environments;
- Degradation and weakening of the structure.
OPERATIONAL STEP OF THE LOW THICKNESS EUROSAN FAST CYCLE:
- Proceed with mechnical scarification with milling machine up to the achievement of the layer suitable for the attachment.
- The surface must be solid, not deformable, absorbent, free of efflorescence and paintwork.
- The preparation quantity must be at least 50% more compared with the evident humid area.
- If possible perform high-pressure washing with water pressure.
- Verify that the hygrometric parameter is less than 12% with hygrometer.
- The surface must be wet and kept humid during the application of EUROSAN FAST BASE.
- The product must be covered with EUROSAN FAST FINISH.
- Protect the surface with an adequate application cycle based of siloxane finishing paints having high and water vapor permeability and low water absorption.